Philip Marcovici will be chairing a panel at the STEP Global Congress 2018, being held in Vancouver September 13 and 14 2018. See: STEP Global Congress 2018
On the panel will be Heather Evans, the Executive Director and CEO of the Canadian Tax Foundation, Bruce Zagaris of Berliner, Corcoran & Rowe in Washington D.C., and Filippo Noseda of Mishcon de Reya in London.
The Ethics of Avoidance or the Avoidance of Ethics
- What has led to tax transparency and the current labyrinth of reporting and registration requirements?
- What can we and our clients look forward to in the months, years and decades to come?
- If tax transparency a good thing for our clients, our profession and our society, how can we help smooth the way to where we need to be in developing fair tax systems that respect the human right to privacy?
- Is the US the new culprit, replacing the evil Swiss? Or is the US the new hero, helping the Swiss who have led the charge for so many years?
- The role of STEP in helping to bring sense to the world of taxation, compliance and understanding between taxpayers, governments and other stakeholders.